Professional Development Plan
Janet Kelly
I have four goals for continuing my learning after I complete this course. My goals are to learn how to build a webquest, make an e-Portfolio, understand how to make a glogster, and build a classroom website.
My first goal is to learn how to build a webquest that my kindergartners can use. I believe this would be a good way to improve my unit on Christmas Around the World. I always enjoy teaching this unit and believe that a webquest would increase the value of my lessons and be a good way to bring technology and the Internet into this unit. I think it will also be a safe way for my students to learn about the Internet and technology.
My second goal it to make an e-Portfolio as evidence of my learning in my graduate program. I believe an e-Portfolio will be a good way to show what knowledge and skills I am learning. It will also be a great way to show how my knowledge and skills are improving.
My third goal is to understand how to make a glogster. In one of my other classes, several students used this program for presentations that they were making. This program fascinated me. I thought that it was a really cool program. In fact, I was embarrassed when I gave my presentations because I had nothing like this to show the class.
My fourth goal is to build a classroom website that I can use to help increase the level of communication between my students, their parents, and myself. I realize that not everyone will be able to access my site, but for those who can it will be a great way to increase two-way communication. Apparently, I started making one in my old school district (I had forgotten about this) and never finished it. This time I will complete it and it will be better because of the new knowledge that I have learned.
I will complete my goals by taking classes, doing research, asking for help when it is needed, and by trial and error. I am already planning on taking a class on e-Portfolios this fall. I can hardly wait to get started!
I will know that I have completed my goals when I have made and used a webquest in my classroom, started my e-Portfolio for my studies, used a glogster in a class presentation, and have a classroom website up and running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment