Post -> Pros and Cons of Technology in the Classroom
by Janet Kelly - Thursday, July 1, 2010, 08:35 PM
I found this article on Google, under pros and cons of technology for children.
http://m.www.helium.com/items/1749865-pros-and-cons-of-technology-for-children
I think that technology is important for children to learn, but in moderation, and after they have learned the basics. Children need to learn how to use word processing, but first they need to learn how to write with a pencil and paper. Life is easier when you can use a calculator, but first you need to learn how to do math on your own.
I agree with everything in this article. One thing that surprised me about this article was the mention of instant gratification. I believe that the author makes a valid point, I just never thought about it in regards to classroom technology. I think that this is giving children the wrong idea about real life. There is always waiting involved with living.
Children are becoming heavier in our nation and I can't help but wonder how much of this has to do technology. Are we making life too easy and/or sedentary for them?
Post -> technology in the classroom -> Re: technology in the classroom
by Janet Kelly - Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:07 AM
I agree that the author of this article is very much against using computers in classroom. It almost seems like she is paranoid of computers. I understand her fears, but do not agree that it is as bad as she claims. I think that using computers in the classroom can be beneficial for children. Children need to be computer literate in order to succeed in later life.
Post -> technology in the classroom -> Re: technology in the classroom
by Janet Kelly - Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:47 AM
The author of my article also listed some drawbacks to using technology in classrooms, but she presented them as issues to be aware of and not to be paranoid of. She stills believes that technology should be used in classrooms. I also agree with this. The author of your article focused on computers and the internet and I can't help but wonder how she feels about using other types of technologies in the classroom.
Post -> The Digital Face of 21st Century Curriculum -> Re: The Digital Face of 21st Century Curriculum
by Janet Kelly - Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:49 AM
I do not agree with the author on why schools were formed. However, I do agree that it is important for children to be able to be able to process information and learn how to use this information. Especially since there is so much information available to them. If they do not know how to get and use the information that they need, they will never be able to function in out highly technological world. Their futures depend on learning these skills. This article reinforced my belief that technology should be used in today's classrooms.
Post -> Creative Teaching with Internet Technology -> Re: Creative Teaching with Internet Technology
by Janet Kelly - Monday, July 5, 2010, 12:06 PM
I agree with the advantages and disadvantages that were listed in this article. It reinforced my belief that there is a place for technology in our classrooms. I like that you listed things that you have learned from your own personal experiences. Especially the basic skills that our students need to know when working on computers. The author of my article also talked about how time-consuming technology can be, but she looked at it from the point of view that people spend too much time on computers, etc. I am a little surprised that she did not talk about the time that it takes to teach children how to use the different types of technologies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment